CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

todays forecast

after my partner left me for the weatherman, i became a fanatical viewer of the local nightly news. i tuned in to compare myself to this meteorological wonder for whom i had been dumped. he was, indeed, a damn good weatherman, effortlessly gesturing the approaching cold front into the area.

eventually, i had to move to escape the chill in the air.

so while he was out canoodling i taped up boxes and filled them with the parts of our life that were to go with me.

i took the cute clothes with tags reading 'S', i left him the plainer items marked 'M'

i took the more compact, more attractive of the 2 cats, and left him the one that likes to pee on the floor.

i took the good memories, but left the bad ones behind.

mostly.

eventually everything was sorted out, so i packed all the boxes and the very bewildered cat into the car. after the quickest most awkward pecks of a goodbye kiss, we parted only to see each other again at sometime yet unknown. after 7ish hours, dc welcomed me with open arms, and im never looking back.

mostly.

i took my heartache with me, but left him behind with the weatherman and what i presume to be a sunnier outlook.

0 comments: